The Guest Experience Manager will oversee and nurture the experience of all Glen Ivy guests, from the initial greeting to the farewell. He or she will manage the daily work habits and operations of the following areas;
Central Reservations agents, Resort Coordinators in the service buildings as well as Guest Services, Resort Hosts, Grotto Hosts, Security Hosts, and Bath House Hosts.
The Guest Experience Manager will be responsible for guiding these teams into a vibrant, urgent and accountable group while maintaining and nurturing the Glen Ivy Values and Mission. There is a strong expectation of leading by example and to have a great degree of visibility and to assist in building a strong Team that is dedicated to growing and nurturing the vital factors of the company employee and supporting the Glen Ivy commitment to be an employer of choice. The Guest Experience Manager will maintain consistent and strong guest interaction and conversation. A commitment to a Quality Experience the Guest Experience Manager should be high energy and high touch.
In this position, the employee is expected to diligently and frequently review inventory, assess loss and create loss prevention plans. This will aid in maintaining the company’s goal for Net Income. The Guest Experience Manager will also be expected to ensure Guest Service and Guest Satisfaction is a priority to the team. When these goals are realized, on a consistent basis, a higher level of guest satisfaction will result. With this increased level of guest satisfaction, Glen Ivy will enjoy continued growth in terms of number of returning guests. Finally, a positive by-product of the Net Income figure is greater total revenue, which enables the company to expand and update the physical plant itself, thus further increasing overall guest satisfaction.
Revenue per FTE, Spend per Guest, Guest Satisfaction Rate with a goal of 90%, Net Income and department employee injuries minimalized to eliminate claims. Ability to analyze financial data to maximize profits is a must.
First Aid and CPR certified and Certified Spa Supervisor is a plus.
High School Diploma required, BA or BBA in Management or Hospitality and Tourism
Management preferred, Certified Spa Supervisor Certification preferred and mandatory within one year of employment.
3+ years hospitality supervisor/management experience required
College degree in hospitality and/or tourism management preferred
Resort/Spa experience, a plus
Experience with POS software, a plus
Ability to make logical and effective decisions
Exceptional Guest Service Skills
Strong attention to detail
Confident in dealing with staff and guest issues
Effective team leader
Ability to motivate staff
Sales and service training development and execution
Must be able to work with minimal supervision,
Prioritize multiple tasks
Achieve goals while managing and leading staff effectively and enthusiastically
All aspects of Financial Management: inventory, sales reports, other financial tools and reports
Proficient in excel, word, and outlook, and retail point of sales systems
Excellent communication skills with a strong attention to detail
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong and positive communications with Glen Ivy employees.
- Assist in staff training in service, support and nurture others in developing their skills
- Create and develop programs/ideas to promote stronger emotional connections with our guests
- Actively participate with Employee Recognition and Safety Teams.
- Work closely with Trainers/Educators in developing ongoing training programs; “document the magic” so that we can replicate the experience.
- To develop and implement an overall structure and plan that is proactive in nature and aggressively engages our guests.
- Managing and motivating team to meet/exceed daily, weekly and monthly sales goals.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales/spa services and share within team/company
- Works with staff on ensuring guests feel welcome and our number one priority.
- Oversee required meetings: sales, safety, monthly dept., and participate in others as needed
- Recommend changes to improve the business as needed, i.e. finding new ways to continually improve and encourage staff to use the Improve Our System forms.
- Communicate needs to Employees services, interview potential staff and complete necessary paperwork to fill open positions.
- Conduct performance reviews
- Employee appreciation and recognition including participation in all recognition committee initiatives
- Attend and participate in company meetings and committee’s as needed.
- Manage inter-department compliance issues, with the assistance of employee services manager.
- Managing stock levels and making key stock decisions about stock control with the President/CEO and CFO.
- Oversee monthly physical inventories. Ensure all inventories in Guest Service areas and store rooms are managed appropriately to minimize shrinkage.
- Analysis and reporting of sales figures daily, weekly and monthly to ensure current and future sales revenue goals are met/exceeded and maintained.
- Timely weekly, monthly, annual department reports.
- Assist with sales support for high traffic days and related holidays i.e. Christmas, summer and special events/promotions.
- Ensure staff is able to take proper lunch breaks and provide coverage as needed for breaks.
- Work with the Resort Administrator on creating and maintaining the scheduling of employees
- Enforce proper uniform procedures.
- Maintain a consistent presence and spirit of service.
- Constant review of profitability.
- Recognize and develop talent.
- Collaborate with all Departments.
- Assist in other operations departments as a manager on duty and work closely with all operations leaders.
- Responsible for ensuring positive staff morale.
- Ensure a meaningful, memorable, and enjoyable experience for all guests.
- Determine guest’s needs, expectations and satisfaction to resolve conflicts and complaints as they arise.
- Respond to guest concerns in a professional and compassionate manner. Handle the situation in a way that the guest is satisfied with the resolution, and is reasonable in relation to the severity of the complaint.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity and standards.
- Follow and enforce all company policies at all times.
- Uphold company service standards at all times.
- Assist and serve guests and team members in a sincere and courteous manner.
- Interact and work closely with all departments in a professional manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that shift duties are being followed and completed in a daily basis in all areas.
- Report any issues to the Director of Operations.
- Constantly work to maximize revenues by initiating strategies that encourage the up selling of services and amenities.
- Monitor and report guest count throughout the day and recommend/make adjustments to staffing levels as needed.
- Be present and available to assist guests promptly and efficiently. Maintain a professional posture at all times and always be overly attentive to guest satisfaction.
- Demonstrate an accurate knowledge of all services offered and a vast knowledge of the operations of the Resort in order to effectively assist guests.
- Report any violations of Glen Ivy policies, procedures, and illegal or elicit behavior to the Director of Operations.
- Work closely with security to ensure that all guests are acting in a manner that is conducive to a Resort atmosphere. Immediately address guests that are disruptive and unruly and take necessary steps to ensure their safety and the safety of others.
- Enforce all alcoholic beverage policies and be proactive in preventing guests from becoming over-beveraged. In the event that a guest does become over-beveraged, handle the situation in a manner that upholds the company’s policies and standards.
- Conduct daily safety checks of the property and report safety issues promptly and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Be prepared deal with emergency guest first aid incidents in a manner that protects our staff, guests and the company.
- Perform operation checks and perform any and all functions of departments as needed to ensure smooth operation of department and the deliverance of excellent guest service.
- Report operational problems/concerns to the Director of Operations and the manager of the department involved.
- Constantly rotate throughout the property to ensure all housekeeping, cleanliness, sanitation standards are being met at all times and are in compliance with Health Codes.
- Work with managers and supervisors on a daily basis to meet all established organizational departments goals and objectives.