Tea is a delicious beverage steeped in tradition. Throughout history, tea has been used to warm up, fight mild ailments and bring people together. Each tea strain is known for a health benefit, like immunity detox, relaxation and energy. In addition to the health benefits, sipping on a delicious and colorful tea can infuse a little extra happiness into your day. Here are a few of our favorite brightly colored teas to try at home!
- Hibiscus Tea: Hibiscus tea is a herbal, caffeine-free tea known to support healthy cholesterol and act as a natural antidepressant. Best served over ice, this tropical tasting magenta tea transports you poolside.
- Tangerine Tea: Bright, fruity notes are the hallmark of tangerine tea. This orange colored and flavored tea has anti-inflammatory properties that are great for skin health. Tangerine tea is known to reduce skin redness, swelling and acne.
- Saffron Ginger Tea: This golden tea is a soothing, mood-lifting potion. Ginger aids digestion and reduces inflammation, while saffron imparts powerful antioxidants and is believed to have an antidepressant quality.
- Matcha Green Tea: Matcha is a potent form of green tea known for its saturated green hue. Matcha is high in antioxidants, boosts brain function, and promotes heart health. Although highly caffeinated, the caffeine in matcha releases slowly so you won’t feel any jitters.
- Butterfly Pea Flower Tea: A popular caffeine-free tea in Southeast Asia, butterfly pea flower tea is made by steeping butterfly pea flower petals until they produce a vibrant cobalt blue tea. This earthy-flavored tea is believed to protect the skin against premature ageing and is packed with antioxidants.
Tea can be customized to your tastes with a squeeze of fresh lemon or a spoonful of local, raw honey. At Glen Ivy Hot Springs, we recommend honey from our friendly neighbors at Bobcat Properties Farm.