Looking to recreate your favorite Glen Ivy Hot Springs facial at home? We recommend performing a hydrating, nourishing facial at home and leaving extractions to a trained esthetician.
Before starting your facial, take a moment to prepare an at-home spa sanctuary. Light your favorite candle, put on a relaxing podcast or playlist, gather your skincare products, and tie your hair back. Prepare to steam by boiling 4-6 cups of water and grab a big fluffy towel. Once your setup is complete, wash your hands and follow our five-step facial:
- Aromatherapy Ritual: At Glen Ivy Hot Springs, facials start with a powerful [ comfort zone ] aromatherapy inhalation ritual. To get into a spa mindset at home, place a few drops of your favorite essential oil in your hands and take three deep breaths in and out.
- Double Cleanse: After the aromatherapy ritual, it is essential to start with a clean face. Use makeup remover to remove any makeup. Then, massage your favorite gentle cleanser on your face for two full minutes before rinsing.
- Steam: Facial steaming opens pores, softens blackheads, and prepares the face to receive the benefits of masks and skincare. Pour boiling water into a heat-proof bowl, take a seat and position your face 6-8 inches above the water. Drape the towel over your head and the bowl to trap the steam and enjoy for 5-10 minutes. You can raise your head or open a corner of the towel to adjust the temperature.
- Mask: After opening the pores, your face is prepared for a mask. We recommend the biocellulose sheet masks from [ comfort zone ], like the De-Stress mask. In 15 minutes, this hydrating mask instantly revitalizes the face with aloe and calendula. Whichever mask you choose, be sure to follow the directions.
- Skincare: Following a mask, your face is ready to receive skincare. Apply your skincare products across your face, neck and chest in order of the lightest to heaviest product. Start by tapping essence onto the face, followed by serum, moisturizer and eye cream. In between each step, massage any excess product onto your hands for a mini hand treatment. Don’t forget to finish your facial with lip balm.
At Glen Ivy Hot Springs, facials are customized based on your skincare concerns using [ comfort zone ] skincare products. Based in Parma, Italy, [ comfort zone ] engineers innovative sustainable, science-based skincare for all skin types and concerns.