Summer days at Glen Ivy are the perfect way to escape for the day and soak in the sun. Whether you want to spend a full day experiencing the Hot Springs, or indulge for a few hours at twilight with our new nighttime programming, our team of experts created a “Summer Planning Guide to Glen Ivy!!”
- Reservations – We recommend pre-booking any Glen Ivy spa experience 3 to 4 weeks in advance. Guests with spa reservations are guaranteed entry.
- Arrive Early – If you are planning to just come in to take the waters, please arrive early. Our doors open at 8:30AM and have a daily maximum capacity to ensure that our guests enjoy a comfortable and memorable experience. We recommend arriving at the spa 45 minutes prior to your service to get checked in and stow away your belongings.
- Printable Guest Map and Guide – We’ve made it easy to plan your day! Go to the Plan Your Day page on our Website, print out our Guest Map and Guide and plan your day around your pre-booked services. Make sure to visit Club Mud first then finish off with the Grotto Body Treatment! We also highly recommend you take advantage of our complimentary daily fitness and wellness classes. To make the most of your day, be sure to plan ahead! Please note: Grotto is by appointment only.
- Twilight Hours – We’re now open until 9PM Thursday through Saturday. Sleep in and come at 4PM for only $35! Glen Ivy is transformed into a magical place with live entertainment and nighttime programming perfect for spending time on a warm summer night. Be sure to check out the Summer Entertainment Guide.
- Beach bag- This is a must to carry all of your essentials!
- Dark colored bathing suit- We recommend wearing dark colors if you wish to experience Club Mud. The all natural red clay is a bright rust color that may stain lighter colored clothing.
- Sunscreen- If you are planning on relaxing in the lounge pool, you definitely want to protect your skin against the Southern California sun.
- Lip balm with sunscreen- Lips are often overlooked when it comes to sunscreen, but the truth of the matter is that your lips can get burned as well. Prevent early aging and keep your perfect pout healthy and moisturized with a SPF-infused lip balm.
- Sunglasses- This is an absolute must to protect your vision and help prevent squinting eyes from the sun.
- Aloe Vera / After Sun Lotion- A day in the sun can be taxing on your skin so be sure to pack a hydrating lotion to keep it soft and supple.
- Sandals/flip-flops – Move comfortably from place to place with your favorite pair of sandals.
- Water bottle- We have several spa water stations, but we recommend bringing your own reusable water bottle to stay hydrated throughout the day. Staying hydrated is especially important if you’re planning to enjoy any of our spa treatments or even soaking in the warm pools. Just like exercising, the warm water will cause the same affect – increased blood circulation and heart rate…so drink plenty of water.
- Cash or a Credit Card – It’s always best to have a few dollars on hand just in case or you can place a card on file for convenient purchasing throughout the day.
- Mobile Phones and Tablets – We know you want to keep everybody updated about your amazing day at Glen Ivy but remember phones and tablets will not float and are likely to be damaged beyond repair if they fall in the water – just a friendly warning! Additionally, we ask that no phones are taken into spa services to ensure a quiet and calm environment for you and others.
- Feeling Hungry – Glen Ivy serves breakfast and lunch daily and a selection of seasonal small plates on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening. To avoid lines, we recommend having breakfast and then enjoying a late lunch.
Don’t worry if you forget something! You can find most of these items in our Spa Lifestyle Store. Plus, with your favorite products from Kai, Luli Fama, and Coola, you can’t go wrong!
With our 19 unique pools and saunas, Taking the Waters is a signature Glen Ivy experience designed to deliver relaxation and special benefits to your skin. To receive the maximum results to your skin and muscles, there is a recommended order to try each pool.
To start your pool experience off, we recommend a few minutes of immersion in one of our hot Mineral Baths, where natural minerals are easily absorbed into skin, imparting warmth to soothe aching joints and muscles. You will also notice the sulfur-like odor emanating from the waters due to the concentration of Sodium Sulfate in addition to small Calcium deposits which occur naturally. Rest assured, the waters come directly out of the earth in this form and our mineral baths are circulated every 10 minutes.
Next, take a dip in one of our Cold Pools, soothing sore muscles and allowing your body to cool off after a hot mineral bath.
After you take a cold dip, we recommend relaxing in our Lounge Pool, a perfect place to wade or float on a raft while catching up with friends and enjoying a refreshing beverage from Paradise Bar.
To get your blood flowing, try our Lap Pool for some exercise or catch a quick water aerobics class for a burst of good-for-you endorphins.
Finally, sit back and relax in our heated Saline Pool or enjoy Glen Ivy’s natural beauty beneath the Santa Ana Mountains with majestic views of the Temescal Valley from the Vista Pool.
Pre-book our Fall Escape Package; which includes a 50 minute or longer service and receive a discounted Taking the Waters Admission rate of $35 Mon & Fri or $55 Sat & Sun and Holidays. Or come in Tuesday through Thursday and enjoy $18.60 Admission with a service.
(Package is available now through January 31st, 2016 and cannot be combined with any other offers.)
What’s better than healthy skin, fresh flowers and clean, crisp air –especially in sunscreen form? We are currently loving the amazing collections of sun and skin care from COOLA and jane iredale, offering a full range of SPFs, face serums, mineral sunscreens and after sun care. Both lines are designed to nourish your body with an indulgent blend of moisturizers, natural oils, refreshing and revitalizing ingredients such as aloe vera and sunflower oil. Not only do they smell and feel amazing, you can feel good about yourself knowing that you are supporting companies that use only the best, most natural ingredients in all of its products.
This month, Glen Ivy will be hosting a BE SUN SAFE AND BEAUTIFUL pop-up boutique in the Pavilion, Saturday August, 22nd from 1PM to 5PM. With any $50 purchase, receive a goody bag with deluxe samples of their best selling products. Make sure to come by and stock up!
Close your eyes, breathe in… Let the scent of soothing rose petals envelope you. As you begin your journey to more perfect skin, the first step primes your senses for what is to come. Your Rose Hydration facial will begin with a soothing head, neck and face massage, which will send you into a true state of bliss. This indulgent and rehydrating treatment is suitable for all skin types, as your aesthetician will assess your skin needs, then purify the skin using a Clarisonic brush, and a gentle yet effective organic cleanser selected just for you. The journey continues with a manual exfoliation, extractions and a Glam Glow Thirsty Mud Mask. While your mask works to heal & moisturize, enjoy a deeply relaxing hot stone massage of your neck, arms, hands and shoulders. Your treatment will also include a head massage with argan oil, to moisturize your scalp & hair. Once your Glam Glow mask is removed, your aesthetician will calm & awaken tired skin with an uplifting rose toner, and a cool stone facial massage. To finish, you will receive a Clarisonic Opal Eye Treatment that tightens, lifts, and brightens the whole eye are. When you open your eyes, your skin and mind will feel balanced, refreshed, and renewed… a true Rose experience!