Reports To: Guest Treatment Manager- Salon, Spa Director
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Status: Full-Time, Part-Time, Seasonal
Pay Grade: Hourly plus fee for service
Approved Date: 9.14
This job description shall not be construed as a contract for employment. Glen Ivy is an at-will employer and a drug free workplace.
As a prerequisite to employment a background check, reference check and pre-employment physical may be performed.
Expectations of All Employees “Elevating life experience” is Glen Ivy’s vision statement. Our goal is to inspire memorable, meaningful and enjoyable experiences in everyone, every day. This is Glen Ivy’s mission.
All employees are expected to bring these statements to life for guests and fellow employees, consistently exhibiting excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, accountability and ownership in job duties. Glen Ivy employees must work ably in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, demanding, and competing tasks, and must follow all company policies, procedures, guidelines, and safety requirements, and seek assistance as appropriate.
By inspiring memorable, meaningful, enjoyable experiences in everyone, every day, we elevate others’ life experience, and our own.
Position Summary: Current State of California Aesthetician or Cosmetology license required.
Continuing education pertaining to industry standard skin care and depilation techniques expected. Must thrive and excel in a fast paced, cooperative team environment. Strong understanding and execution of retail sales is mandatory. Impeccable guest service and interaction skills are a must. Must be able to perform all skin care and waxing services offered by Glen Ivy Hot Springs.
— Position Qualification Requirements –
License(s): Current state of California Aesthetician or Cosmetology’s license required. Current CIDESCO certification preferred, current NCEA membership preferred.
Education/Training: Continuing education with an emphasis on current and relevant skin care trends, techniques, products and industry standards strongly expected.
Experience: Exemplary knowledge and abilities in guest service and esthetic techniques. 2 years’ experience as an Aesthetician preferred. Internal and external guest service and relations (interpersonal communication) experience and skill. Basic computer literacy expected. Continuing education expected.
- Strong and effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to exemplify and reinforce company and departmental standards and expectations.
- Ability to understand basic computer skills and resort scheduling system.
- Effective time management skills.
- Well-versed in sales, customer service, and personal service.
- Impeccable and state compliant sanitation knowledge and skills as related to work environment.
- Retail sales expectations are an indicator of professional performance and commitment. Glen Ivy Hot Springs Retail Sales Expectations for Aestheticians are as follows: maintain a 35% YTD service to retail percentage.
- Must keep current license posted at workstation while on duty.
- Must be able to perform up to seven (7) facial services per day.
- Must be comfortable performing all waxing services, including Brazilian and Bikini.
Attitudes/Personality: Strong communicator, detail-oriented, energetic, passionate about their chosen field, warm and welcoming, ambitious, autonomous, honest, can easily build relationships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (Include but not limited to)
- Actively use the Glen Ivy Way to obtain the most up to date information.
- Ensure outstanding results in guests’ skin health and appearance.
- Use knowledge to analyze skin types to determine what type of procedure to perform.
- Support and positively participate in all internal Salon-related and other pertinent training.
- Understand and positively support individual and Team retail sales.
- Ability to utilize basic computer software and resort scheduling software.
- Flexibility of work schedule is expected.
- Exemplifies a positive attitude at all times.
- Build and maintain relationships with Salon staff as well as all other Glen Ivy Associates.
- Adhere to all standards and expectations of Glen Ivy Hot Springs.
- Complete and follow through on all assigned and non-assigned tasks and duties in a timely and consistent manner.
- Be a self-starter and has strong initiative.
- Guest are our Number one priority and we continually improve the Glen Ivy Way.
- Provide each guest with their full service time or communicate and receive an agreement from the guests if this is not feasible
- Follow protocols to ensure that the product and linen cost matches the cost per treatment designed.
- Attend department preshift meeting to obtain company information related and un-related to the department
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
- Utilize the Improve our System for identifying problems or opportunities.
- Attend and fully participate in continuing education, both internal and external.
- Adhere to all room maintenance and uniform and appearance standards.
- Assure that all treatment rooms are thoroughly clean and sanitized and properly stocked with supplies.
- Strong, open and clear daily communications with the Salon GTM.
- Demonstrate exemplary guest service.
- Develop strong positive relationship with the Aesthetician Primary Educator.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological advances.)