Position Summary: The Pool Department under the leadership of the Pool Manager will hold the ultimate ownership, responsibility and accountability for pool service, pool maintenance, and pool management, and the alignment of daily responsibilities with the overall goal to exceed customer expectations. The position of Pool Technical is expected to maintain a “high touch” approach, meaning that they are intimately involved in the daily operations of pools, spas, water features, etc. The Pool Technician will work diligently within the Pool Department in coordination with the Facilities team and provides support for the overall condition and functionality of all water features , pool and water related equipment, pool system operations, and the related and overall maintenance, repair, upkeep, troubleshooting, and improvements of pool operations. Position is FOCUSED on ongoing, daily approach.
Glen Ivy Offers: Competitive and stable compensation package with employee benefits; insurance, 401K (matched contribution), Paid in-house Training, Opportunities for growth and advancement. Generous employee discounts and perks!
Results Expected: In this position, the pool technical is expected improve the culture of excellence in, around, and relating to pool quality, efficiency, and safety including utilization of the set of protocols for handling pool closures and poor water quality; and an ongoing, well-managed preventative maintenance programs. On a consistent basis, a higher level of guest satisfaction will result when procedures are followed consistently. With this increased level of guest satisfaction, Glen Ivy will enjoy continued growth in terms of number of returning customers. Finally, a positive by-product of the expanding repeat guest figure is greater total revenue, which enables the company to expand and update the physical plant itself, thus further increasing overall guest satisfaction.
- Water Quality Excellence – all quality measurements held to 100% – including water chemistry readings (tested/reviewed by the Pool Manager); water clarity, presence of debris; etc.
- Reporting Accuracy and Thoroughness – provides daily reports with accurate information relating to pool service, cleanliness, response, trouble-shooting, etc. 100% of the time;
- Problem Reporting
- Guest Satisfaction 98% – via comments, feedback, polls, etc. (See above for Division/Manager goals and tasks);
Total number of bathers – higher the better, measuring guest enjoyment of specific water features including water clarity.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid CA driver’s license.
- CPR and First Aid training (district can provide this training).
- Ability to obtain Pool Operator Certification within 6 months of hire date (district will cover the costs of the class).
- Knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of swimming pool filters, heaters, chlorinators, pumps, and other related swimming pool circulation and sanitation equipment and systems.
- Knowledge and experience in procedures and regulations for the proper handling and storage of hazardous materials.
- Knowledge and experience in materials and technical operations standards and health codes for swimming pools.
- Knowledge and experience in water chemistry related to swimming pool operations, and pool water safety practices and precautions.
- High school graduate or GED or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described duties.
- Some prior work experience demonstrating ability to perform work duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons:
The Pool Technician working under the direction of the Senior Pool Technician will provide support in maintaining the 19 pools on the Glen Ivy Resort Property and keeping its equipment clean and in good working order. This position will provide mechanical and maintenance operations of the pools on property including checking and adjusting chlorine levels and ensure that pumps and filtration equipment are operating correctly, and order any supplies needed.
The Pool Technician will have responsibility for certain water features and all facets of pool service, cleaning, vacuuming, water quality, chemistry, and daily management of overall condition of each water feature. Responsibility also includes reporting on pool equipment
outages or problems, pool filter performance, vessel conditions (plaster, stairs, tiles), accessories (ladders, drain covers, etc.), etc. Includes daily pool service including but not limited to:
- Inspects, repairs, monitors and maintains pool equipment such as filters, chlorinators, analyzers, pumps, pool water, etc.
- Inspects and maintains chlorine gas alarm system.
- Tests pool water for proper water chemistry; applies chemicals as needed.
- Acid washes pool decks.
- Brushes and vacuums pool bottom and sides; cleans tiles and washes down pool decks.
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
- Maintains storage and inventory of equipment parts, supplies and chemicals.
- Inventories equipment parts, supplies and chemicals monthly
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
- Assist other Skilled Maintenance Workers as required.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
Responsibilities to Safety:
- Protects the safety of self, co-workers and Glen Ivy guests at all times.
- Reports any potential harmful equipment or situation without delay.
- Follows all company and department safety policies and procedures.
- Operates equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.