Posts Tagged club mud
We’re inching our way closer to the end of our Spa Glossary and this week we are covering letters M, N and O. If you have any spa terms you’d like some help defining, please be sure to leave a comment below.
Masks: A specialized intensive skin treatment included in most facial treatments. Masks are used in facials to clarify and firm the skin.
Massage: Manipulation of the soft tissues of the body using techniques such as effleurage, petrisage or tapotment. Massage may be performed with hands, feet or a specified massage instrument. Benefits of massage include stress relief, relaxation, increased blood circulation, pain relief, release of tight muscles, increased vitality and energy, and improved mood.
Mud Bath: A pool or bath containing organic thermal or mineral mud; used to release tension, exfoliate and nourish the skin with minerals.
Mud Treatment: Mineral-rich mud used to detoxify the body, exfoliate the skin, loosen muscles, and stimulate circulation
Myofacial Release: A gentle release, through soft tissue manipulation, of the body’s facial system to restore proper function and bio-mechanics.
Naturopathy: Natural healing treatments using plants and flowers.
Neuromuscular Therapy: A technique that concerns itself with bringing relief from soft tissue pain and dysfunction. The focus of the work is to find the origin of the pain and address it. NMT renews structural homeostasis by restoring normal physiological functioning among muscles, nerves and the musculoskeletal system, and is very effective for breaking chronic pain cycles.
NIA (Neuromuscular Integrative Action): A form of exercise that encourages free expression and combines dance, yoga, martial arts, and various cultural practices.
Onsen: A Japanese hot spring for bathing in the traditional Japanese method
Opal: The Opal Sonic Infusion System is specially designed to instantly hydrate and build skin’s resilience over time for healthier, younger looking eyes. By gently tapping the skin around the eye at 7,500 vibrations per minute while infusing with a specially formulated anti-aging serum, the Opal maximizes absorption in a way that is not possible with manual application.
Wondering how to cast your vote? Check out each weeks winners and pick your favorite. Simply click on the photo to see it larger and then click “vote” for who you think should win. Yes, it’s that easy! The 4th Annual March MUDness grand prize winner will win two Swedish Massages to enjoy.
Voting ends Friday, April 6 at 10 a.m. so make sure you cast your vote now! We will be announcing the grand prize winner later that afternoon right here on the blog!
As we close out that last week of this years March Mudness, we have to give a round of applause to all of our participants this week who helped us end the contest the best way possible — with great photos! From muscular mud men to a muddy Mickey Mouse, this week was filled with fun and laughter as we watched guests have fun in Club Mud.
Our final weekly winner is Alyssa and her friends who incorporated not only the mud, but our beautiful surroundings into their photo! We will be sending Alyssa two spa day admission passes along with a Revitalizing Travel Kit from Primavera.
Starting Monday, April 2 right here on our blog, it will be up to YOU to choose your favorite March Mudness photo and help us crown a grand prize winner! As a reminder, the grand prize winner will receive TWO Swedish Massages so you’ll want to make sure you vote!
Cooler weather didn’t stop some of our die-hard March Mudness fans from participating this week! This week the prize of two spa admission passes and a Travel Kit from our friends at Primavera goes to….Swamp Man!! We found him lurking in Club Mud but luckily we managed to snap his picture.
While we may be at the halfway mark for March MUDness, there are still plenty of opportunities for you to win spa admission passes, Primavera skincare products and massages! We will be in Club Mud Monday – Friday from 1:00 – 1:30 pm to snap your picture until March 30. Voting for our grand prize winner will start Tuesday, April 3 right here on the blog. Make sure you stop by the vote for your favorite mud photo!
We kicked off the first week of our 4th Annual March MUDness contest with a BANG! Once again our guests joined us in Club Mud and showed us just how creative they could be in the mud. While it was hard to choose a winner (and we know that it isn’t going to get any easier), we are excited to announce our first weekly winner of the month – Vincent! He crafted a mud eye patch, mustache and hook then struck his fiercest pirate pose. Congratulations Vincent and we hope you enjoy your prize, TWO Hot Springs Admissions!
In case you weren’t able to make it to the Hot Springs this week, or if you’re at home planning your uber-creative mud photo, have no fear! We will be in Club Mud Monday – Friday from 1:00 – 1:30 pm waiting to snap your picture until March 30. We still have more Hot Springs Admission passes to give away to our weekly winners and TWO 50 minute Swedish Massages to award our grand prize winner!
Our camera is ready. Are you?
March has arrived and we are preparing for our 4th Annual March MUDness contest! Since every year is better than the last, we can’t wait to see what you have in store for us…
Throughout the month of March, meet us in CLUB MUD Monday-Friday from 1:00 – 1:30 pm so we can snap your muddy moment. We aren’t just looking for any ordinary photo though. We are looking for fun, creative and unique photos. In case you are in need of some inspiration, check out last years finalists.
Photographs will be posted at the end of each week here on the Glen Ivy Blog for everyone to enjoy as well on our Facebook page. At the end of each week, our team of highly skilled judges will choose a weekly winner who will be awarded TWO Glen Ivy Hot Springs Admissions. Once we have all FOUR weekly winners, it will be up to you to vote for your favorite starting Tuesday, April 3 on the Glen Ivy blog. The Grand Prize winner will receive TWO 50 minute Swedish Massages, to be announced on Friday, April 6 .
So, are you ready?
Let the MUDness begin!
Here at Glen Ivy, March is a month that holds a special place in our hearts. It’s a month where we not only welcome the first days of spring, but because it’s our birthday month! Even though we’ll be celebrating our birthday all month long, we have so many other things that we are looking forward to. Here are just a few things we’re excited about for March:
- It’s Our Birthday: Are you celebrating a birthday this month? We are too! Join us in celebrating our 152nd anniversary all month long. On Monday, March 19 we will be offering historical tours of the grounds and sweet treats from Chef Bill Wavrin. We’ve even created a special package just for you! The 152nd Anniversary Special (Available March 19 – March 22, 2012) includes: Spa admission, Grotto and a 50 minute treatment of your choice for $152 (a $10 savings!).
- March MUDness Contest: One of our favorite contests is BACK! It’s time for the 4th Annual March MUDness photo contest and we couldn’t be more excited. Wondering how to participate? Starting Monday, March 5 come meet us in Club Mud from 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm every Monday-Friday this month where we’ll snap your muddy moment and you’ll have a chance to win Glen Ivy prizes!
- Renovations Underway at the Hot Springs: Some exciting renovations are well underway this month as our team works towards making improvements to enhance your spa experience. Included in the renovations is a complete redesign of our front entrance (see the progress). Our Bath House is also getting an updated look with new furniture and paint for the walls and lockers. We thank you for your patience and support during the transformation and look forward to revealing the completed project to you in mid-March!
- St. Patrick’s Day: Wearing green on St. Patrick’s Day is customary so why not go green AND give your skin a treat at the same time! Luckily we’ve got your covered. Covered with a green, deeply hydrating moisturizer of aloe vera, coconut oil, and shea butter that is. Enjoy The Grotto spa treatment with friends or alone and finish off the treatment in the cool mist chamber enjoying a cup of Glen Ivy tea and a crisp green apple.
- More Time in the Place You Love: Daylight Savings Time begins on Sunday, March 11 giving us some extra daylight to enjoy. And what’s better than enjoying more daylight? Enjoying an extra hour in your spa day! Beginning Monday, March 12, Glen Ivy Hot Springs will be open daily from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, giving you more time to spend in paradise.
10 Things you can do TOGETHER at the Spa
If you are reading this, chances are you would like to receive the gift of a day at Glen Ivy Spa, or are perhaps you are thinking of giving the gift of Spa to someone you care about. We say go together, why not share such a wonderful experience!
Wondering what two people can do together at the Spa? The real question is, what can’t you do? The entire Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa grounds and facilities are co-ed accessible, with the exception of changing and bathing areas, making it easy to plan a relaxing and romantic day for two! Here are a few suggestions…
- Play together in Club Mud.
- Reserve the Date Palm Cabaña for 2 for a romantic VIP spa experience.
- Learn something new together during a couples class, cooking demonstration, or gardening workshop.
- Float in the Lounge pool holding hands.
- Enjoy a relaxing Together Massage side-by-side in the same room.
- Share a healthful and delicious lunch at Café Solé, complete with champagne.
- Go underground for The Grotto, Glen Ivy’s signature body moisturizing treatment.
- Find a quiet spot to relax together in silence or read our current Book Club selection.
- Explore nature as you walk through the grounds to admire the botanical gardens and view, take a guided botanical tour, or use The Birds of Glen Ivy Guide (available at the front desk) to see how many residents you can spot.
- Try a new fitness class such as Yoga, Water Aerobics or Tai Chi.
Well folks, the result are in! The grand prize winner for our 2011 MUDder’s Day Photo Contest is……Amy and Vickie from week one! Their prize? A $100 Glen Ivy gift card!
Thank you to everyone who participated and voted! You truly made it a MUDder’s Day contest to remember. As always, see you in the mud!
It was hard but we picked four very deserving winners for each week of our MUDder’s Day photo contest. Now it’s up to YOU to pick the grand prize winner! The grand prize winner will receive a $100 Glen Ivy gift card. Be sure to cast your vote before Friday June 3 at noon. We will announce the Winner Friday at 3 pm here on the Blog!