Chef’s GOCO Hot Cocoa Recipe
3 TBSP coco powder
3 cups whole milk
6 oz dark chocolate (finely chopped)
3 TBSP brown sugar
1 vanilla bean
1 cinnamon stick
¾ cup of water
2 cup heavy cream
2 oz honey
1. Bring the water up to simmer and add the cocoa powder, whisking till smooth.
2. Add milk, brown sugar, vanilla bean, and cinnamon stick and bring to a simmer.
3. Whisk in finely chopped chocolate and whisk smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, combine cream and honey- whisk till soft peaks form and reserve for the cocoa.
5. Poor hot cocoa into cups and top with dollops of cream.
6. Sprinkle with more shaved dark chocolate and mint sprigs