Posts Tagged spa deals
Welcome to August! From fabulous summer treatments to exciting events, we have a lot to be excited about this month. Here are a few things that we are looking forward to this month:
- May I Be Frank Movie Screening, Join us on August 25 for a very special film screening of a true story of transformation and renewal. May I Be Frank documents 42 days in the life of Frank Ferrante, a 54 year old Sicilian from Brooklyn who finds himself in San Francisco struggling with addiction and depression. Severely overweight and relying on pharmaceutical drugs to combat Hepatitis C, Frank is looking for a way out before it’s too late. Frank’s courageous and deeply human story will inspire you and make you laugh, but more importantly it will cause you to look at your own life a little differently. Visit our Special Events page to view the trailer and for more information on how to reserve tickets and a VIP package.
- Bahama Delight Body Treatment. Enjoy some late summertime bliss and escape into relaxation. Our Bahama Delight Body Treatment includes a Pineapple Coconut Shea Butter Sugar Scrub to gently buff and smooth skin to silky softness, followed by a moisturizing Body Wrap. Toping off this 80 minute treatment is a soothing Mango Shea Butter Massage. It’s easy to see why this has been a guest favorite this summer!
- Cabañas, Paradise Falls, & Club Sole. Want to add a little VIP to your spa day? Cabañas, Club Solé Lounges, & Paradise Falls offer semi-private, shaded, reservation only seating and dining areas. The Cabañas and Solé Terrace at Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa are great settings for casual get-togethers and celebrations with family, friends, or co-workers.
- Juice Bar. Glen Ivy is excited to offer a selection of fresh juice combinations available at Café Sole. A popular way to incorporate healthful nutrients into your balanced diet, enjoying a nutritious and delicious refreshment is a perfect complement to your spa day!
- Watsu. An extraordinary form of warm water hydrotherapy massage which integrates the healing qualities of water with stretches, acupressure, and cranio-sacral manipulation. Each session is not only a massage, but a profound experience that promotes healing “shifts” on the physical, emotional and spiritual levels. Watsu massage has limited availability and will only be offered until the end of September so make sure to call 888-GLEN IVY to experience it while there’s still time. Learn more about this unique treatment and see a video of our therapists in action on our blog.
On August 25, 2012, Glen Ivy Hot Springs welcomes Frank Ferrante for a special screening of the acclaimed documentary, May I Be Frank?. The film chronicles 42 days in Frank’s life as he moves from addiction, obesity, loneliness and disease to a life filled with hope and the promise of transformation. This powerful film shows the power of community, the taking of good food and self-care, but it is by no means a Cinderella story. Rather, Frank’s story is deeply human and depicts the stark reality of the courage and perseverance one must embrace in order to bring about true life changes.
In the time since the documentary was filmed, Frank has learned to embrace his truth. He speaks and writes with a rarely found clarity and honesty. Below is an excerpt from one of his recent blogs.
My heart has been pried open this week. I have been in the company of wonderful people in the midst of profound struggle. The courage of these sweet people humbles me. Recently, I met a guy in his early 40’s who is dying of liver cancer. He is dissolving in front of my eyes. The terminally ill rarely engage in small talk. Even the most mundane exchanges take on an air of profound significance. He spoke to me of the power of love and the difficulty in accepting God’s will. He is disheveled; his clothes look like he’s slept in them. When he speaks, his countenance assumes an unintentional dignity. The light of his spirit renders his body invisible he channels words from on High. He told me how the love of his wife and the affection of his children compels his heart to maintain its rhythm. I began to love this stranger.
I have confused information with education and have confused education with enlightenment. Information is utilitarian; education expands my capacity to introspect and connect disparate thoughts and notions. Enlightenment is when I stop thinking about myself and feel the beat of my brother’s heart. As I felt and heard this man, I was filled with compassion, sadness, love and gratitude. I thought the things many things that were perfect in my life. I was inspired by this man to live fully. Today, I set my intention to practice being grateful for the miracle that is my life.
By conventional standards, I’m not very noteworthy, but by my standards and experience, I’m a very blessed guy. I’ve lived a reckless life. Alcohol and drug addiction, mental hospitals, jails, overdoses, suicide attempts, clinical depression and car accidents were routine for me and those around me.
Through Divine intervention and the miracle of love I am free of the chains of the darker side of life. Outside of the noise in my head, everything is perfect. Hey, maybe the voices in my head are perfect, too.
To reserve your space for the screening, call 1-888-GLENIVY, x1198. Tickets are $12 in advance.
Waxing is a great way to remove the hair and its follicle for up to six weeks, and hard wax and soft wax are both very efficient. Deciding which type of wax is best for you depends on the area being waxed and the density of the hair. In my professional opinion, soft wax is better used to remove fine hair in areas such as face, arms, legs, chest, and back. Hard wax removes course hair more efficiently than fine hair, and is a better alternative to soft wax when you are using facial products that contain any type of acid exfoliant. Hard wax only adheres to only the hair itself— not to your skin—lowering the possibility of redness and inflammation, whereas soft wax must adhere to the hair and skin to be removed with the fabric strip, leaving slightly more sensitivity in the area.
Before receiving a waxing treatment it is recommended to exfoliate the night before, and to wear loose clothing before and after your treatment. It is also recommended not to immerse a waxed area in hot water for at least twenty four hours after a waxing service. Most people will need to use an ingrown hair serum after a waxing service, as ingrown hairs are very common. We offer amazing pre- and post-waxing products such as exfoliants, pre-numbing serum, ingrown hair serum, and inhibiting hair gel (thins the hair by 26% and slows the growth by 35% after one month of use!).
We look forward to providing you with a professional, hygienic and comfortable waxing treatment, and if you have any questions, please be sure to ask your esthetician.
Primary Esthetician, Glen Ivy Spa, Brea
As a subscriber, you’ll be the first to know about specials, events, contests, new treatments, and ways to enjoy spa lifestyle every day like recipes from award-winning Chef Bill Wavrin, the Glen Ivy Book Club, classes and activities, and more. Plus, we like to thank subscribers for their loyalty and support with special offers…
Sign up today for your email invitation to our exclusive online sale with free shipping! If you’re already a Glen Ivy email subscriber, check your inbox and hurry, the free shipping offer is available for one week only through Monday, April 30!
A day at Glen Ivy is a thoughtful gift, perfect for every special occasion and celebration. Here are some important dates and events to remember:
- Administrative Professionals Day – April 25
- Teacher Appreciation Week – May 7-11
- Mother’s Day – May 13
- Father’s Day – June 17
- Bridal Shower
- Baby Shower
- Just Because
- Just for you!
The Big Game is Sunday, February 5 and it’s usually a day when we’re munching on snacks and junk all day long. Here are two easy-to-whip-together dip recipes that you’ll want to keep digging into and don’t have to feel guilty about! The perfect (and healthier) way to indulge in a bowl of guacamole is my Edamole Broccomole; the addition of the edamame and broccoli cut the fat and calories by 60% plus it has all the protein benefits of edamame and cancer-fighting benefits of broccoli. You’ll notice the guacamole continues to stay green longer but you won’t have to worry about that – this one will be gone fast! The Salsa Ranchera is a staple and goes great with just about anything. It’s always best to use fresh ingredients so I recommend planning your trip to the grocery store or farmer’s market on Friday or Saturday to gather all your ingredients and beat the crowds.
Game day not your bowl of dip? Check out our Spa Specials at Glen Ivy Hot Springs!
Edamole Broccomole Dip
Preparation time: 15 minutes
1/2 cup shelled edamame (fresh soybeans) fresh or frozen
1/2 cup peeled broccoli stalks
2 avocados, peeled and stoned, mashed in a medium sized bowl
4 cups water
1 scallion thinly sliced
1/4 cup red onion diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 jalapeno, minced
1 lime, juiced
1 medium tomato, diced
4 tablespoons fresh cilantro minced
Sea salt to taste
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan.
2. Reduce to a simmer and add the edamame and simmer for 30 seconds or until cooked.
3. Drain the beans and set aside to cool.
4. Repeat with the broccoli spears. Steam about 30 seconds until soft or just until cooked al dente.
5. Drain the broccoli and set aside to cool.
6. Place the edamame in a food processor and pulse to combine. Run the processor 20 seconds or until the beans resemble coffee grounds.
7. Repeat with the broccoli.
8. Place everything in a bowl and mix well to combine.
9. Season to taste and serve or refrigerate until needed.
Yields: 4 cups
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion chopped
6 cloves garlic
6 Roma tomatoes
1 jalapeno halved
6 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
sea salt to taste
Pre-heat oven to 375°
Place the onions, garlic, tomatoes and chiles in a bowl with the oil and toss.
Place on a sheet pan and bake  minutes.
Remove from the oven and add to a blender and pulse  seconds.
Add the cilantro and blend pulsing  seconds.
Salsa should be slightly chunky.
Season to taste.
Serving size: 1 oz.
Calories: 20; Fat: 2g
February is almost here and we are welcoming the month with open arms. Why you ask? Because here at Glen Ivy we LOVE love and this month is filled with things that we’re sweet on. Here are just a few things that we’re excited about for February:
- Valentine’s Day Contest- Have a memorable, romantic or funny Valentine’s Day experience? Then we want to hear from you! Submit your entry Tuesday, February 7 – Monday, February 14 on the Glen Ivy blog for a chance to win a spa day for two!
- Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup- We’ll be welcoming this fabulous line to the Hot Springs this month! Join us for the Jane Iredale launch party, Rose & Romance: Kissable Lips and Touchable Skin, February 11 & 17. You won’t want to miss out on experience Janie Iredale makeup, get color matched by our Skin Care Experts, win prizes, and take home some great gifts with your purchase.
- Rose Hydration Facial- We’re excited to introduce our newest facial that rehydrate your skin with the essence of custom distilled organic roses. This 50 minute treatment will leave your skin and mind feeling balanced, refreshed and renewed….a true indulgent rose experience! As if this facial couldn’t get any better, exclusive to this facial is an Opal Eye treatment and Moroccan Oil Scalp Treatment.
- The Art of Racing in the Rain- Selected for the winter edition of the Glen Ivy Book Club, we are loving this New York Time’s Best Seller. What we’re the most excited about is that the author, Garth Stein, has stopped by to join in the conversation! Whether you are reading along with us or have already read it, we’d love to hear your thoughts.
- Love is in the Air- From our Massage for Two: Learn to do a Basic Couples Massage to Lunch & Learn with Spa Chef Bill: Romantic Dinner for Two, we have plenty of romantic things to do for the perfect date day with that someone special!
These may be our top five things we’re excited about but there are many more Events and Activities and Specials happening in February that we can’t wait for and we hope to see you around the spa enjoying them right along with us!
What are you looking forward to most in February at Glen Ivy? Let us know here or on Facebook!
Don’t let the busy holidays stress you out! Treat yourself to a relaxing spa day and enjoy the season. With just 12 Days till Christmas, we are counting down the days with ways to SAVE…. and have found a Spa Special for YOU every day until Christmas!
Available at Glen Ivy Hot Springs in Corona. Reservations are required, please call 888-GLEN IVY to reserve your spa treatments now. Cannot be combined with other offers.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
December 13, 14, 15
Your Spa Admission is only $18.60 to Glen Ivy Hot Springs in Corona when you reserve any 50 minute spa treatment. Available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays thru December. Call 888-GLEN IVY to reserve your spa treatment.
$39 Weekday Admission
Friday only, visit Glen Ivy Hot Springs in Corona and pay the weekday Spa Admission rate of $39 (regular $59) when you reserve a 50 minute spa treatment. Call 888-GLEN IVY to reserve your spa treatment.
Saturday, December 17
Holiday Detox Package
Our most popular package this time of year! Enjoy a Sugar Scrub, Eucalyptus Body Wrap, and a 30 minute Swedish Massage combination (80 minutes of service) plus the Grotto Body Moisturizing Treatment. $145 (SAVE almost $20!)
Sunday, December 18
Now is the time! A perfect day in paradise includes Spa admission and your choice of TWO of the following treatments: a 50 minute Swedish Massage, 50 minute Glen Ivy Facial, OR a 50 minute Body Treatment. $220
Monday, December 19
SAVE 20% on any Spa Treatment (50 min or more)
Receive 20% off your full length spa treatment (50 minutes or longer). Choose from massages, body treatments and facials.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
December 20, 21, 22
Glen Ivy Getaway Package
Pick any day Monday thru Thursday and enjoy a mini vacation, just what you need! Includes Spa admission, your choice of a 50 minute Swedish Massage, 50 minute Glen Ivy Facial, OR 50 minute Body Treatment, Grotto Admission, and lunch. $160
Friday December 23
Youth Infusion Facial
Start the New Year with your most beautiful face! This rejuvenating facial featuring Primavera Skin Care boasts the antioxidant power of organic Argan Seed Oil and organic Rose Hip Seed Oil to nourish and revitalize skin. Includes a cooling, mineral-rich eye mask which will assist in minimizing dark circles, puffiness and fine lines, leaving skin with a healthy, radiant and youthful glow! (50 minute) $99
Saturday December 24
Last Chance! $100 Gift Cards on SALE for $75 each
Our best deal ever can’t last forever, and your last chance to purchase Glen Ivy $100 Gift Cards for $75 ends December 24, 2011. Buy now online!
Sunday December 25
Please note that we will be closed on this day to celebrate our families and friends, and wish you the very best of the season! We will open again to welcome you on Monday, December 26.
Summer is officially here! Warm weather, bathing suits, vacations, and of course—plenty of sunshine. Between the beach trips and family barbecues, it’s easy to get caught up in the season but we want to make sure you’re well equipped for the months ahead. We’ve put together a few tips on how to stay healthy, relaxed, and looking your best all summer long!
Don’t Skimp on the SPF
The most important thing you can do this summer is to stay protected from the sun’s harmful rays. Start by lathering on the SPF every day. Try the organic sun care collection by COOLA (now available at Glen Ivy Spa Valencia). These outstanding SPF products for your face and body protect your skin, plus nourish it with vitamins, natural phyto-protectors and age-defying antioxidants.
Keep you Skin in Tip-Top Shape!
No doubt your summer schedule is packed with gatherings with family and friends and you’ll want to look good from head to toe. From body scrubs to lip balms, Primavera’s organic skin care line has everything you need to look your best. Their aromatherapeutic products contain only the highest quality essential oils and smell oh-so delightful. (Read about our first Primavera experience and some of our favorite products here).
Create the Perfect Summer Wardrobe
From pool side to picnics, you can find everything you need to create fun and fabulous summer wardrobe at the Spa Lifestyle Store at Glen Ivy Hot Springs. Come check out ou wide variety or hats, bathing suits, lounge wear, sunglasses, and more for your perfect summer ensemble!
Don’t Forget to RELAX
Sometimes planning vacations, dinner parties, and various outings can take it’s toll. Take some time for yourself to relax and renew. Enjoy one of the treatment specials that Glen Ivy Hot Springs is offering throughout summer or get the VIP treatment in our newly renovated Cabanas. Be sure to try one of the many fun and relaxing events and activities that the Hot Springs is offering all season long. However you choose to unwind, taking some time out to relax will help you to stay energized all summer long.
Glen Ivy Day Spa Brea and Valencia are celebrating the men and women who commit their lives to bettering ours. Throughout the month of July we’re happy to offer a Complimentary Service Enhancement on any full spa treatment (50 minutes or longer) to Nurses, Firefighters, Police, Teachers, and Military Personnel. Simply show valid ID and work badge at check-in to receive your free upgrade.
Glen Ivy Hot Springs, Corona is jumping in on the festivities this 4th of July with the Stars and Stripes Package. This package (available on Monday, July 4, 2011 only) was specifically created for you and your friends to celebrate freedom and friendship together. Enjoy two for one admission at the weekday rate, two Grotto Body Treatments and lunch for two at award-winning Cafe Sole for just $126 (can’t beat a $56 savings!). So grab a friend and head on over to the Hot Springs to celebrate your independence (who knows, maybe a trip to the spa will become a new 4th of July tradition)!
If you can’t make it on the 4th, don’t forget that the Hot Springs offers 15% off spa admission for military, police, firefighters, nurses and teachers with valid identification.
However you choose to celebrate Independence Day, all of us from Glen Ivy wish you a safe and fun holiday!
MOM is the word here at the Hot Springs and we couldn’t be more excited to celebrate her ALL month long. Whether you celebrate Mother’s Day on, before, or after May 8, we want you and you mom to make the most out of your visit to the Hot Springs and participate in a few of the Mother & Daughter activities that we’re offering this month:
- Wednesday May 4, 11, 18 & 25: MUDder’s Day Photo Contest. Meet us in Club Mud at 1pm every Wednesday for a chance to win some great prizes! (Free)
- Friday May 6 & Wednesday, May 11: Mother & Daughter Prayer Arrow Class ($20 per Mother-Daughter Team)
- Friday, May 6 & Wednesday, May 11 : Mother & Daughter Herbal Wreath Making Class ($30 per Mother-Daughter Team)
- Thursday, May 12 & Thursday, May 26: Mother-Daughter Floral Corsage Making Class (Free)
- Friday, May 13: Mother & Daughter At Home Spa (Free)
- Friday, May 20: Nourishing Yourself First with Farm House Fresh: Mother-Daughter mini hand treatments (Free)
Take a look at our full Events and Activity Schedule and descriptions. All classes require advanced registration so make sure you call 888-GLEN-IVY to reserve your spot now!
Other ways to spend time with Mom at the Spa? How about side by side pedicures, a Together Massage or reserving a Cabaña? Before you and mom head over, make sure you purchase $100 gift cards for $85 and spend them together. Check out our Spa Specials in May for some ideas on how you can use those gift cards to make it a perfect day with mom!