Throughout the month of March, our wellness theme is Meditation! With the hectic pace and demands of our everyday life, it’s easy to feel stressed and overwhelmed. It can sometimes feel as if there is not enough time in the day to get everything done. All of these aspects can make us unhappy, impatient, and frustrated, often leading to affect our well-being. Meditation is both crucial and beneficial for a few reasons:
- It’s good for our bodies. Studies have shown that meditation can help reverse heart disease, reduce pain, and support the immune system.
- It’s good for our relationships. Meditating can help you connect with others in a more meaningful way, causing less anger, more self-reflecting, and love.
- It can change our lives. Even just a few minutes of deep breathing a day can help relax the brain, reduce anxiety, and decrease depression.
All you need are a few minutes each day to mediate. Here are a few tips to starting your mediation:
- Find a quiet place where you can relax and won’t be disturbed.
- Be present with your surroundings.
- Focus on your breath. Take long and deep breaths, feeling your breath go in and out.
- Take notice of your body and how each body part feels.
- Practice this daily.
Here at Glen Ivy we offer various relaxing spots for you to be at peace with yourself. Come practice your daily meditation with us!
Happy New Year from Glen Ivy Hot Springs! The new year is all about fresh starts and Glen Ivy Hot Springs is sharing a few ReSOLUTION tips to help get our bodies, minds and souls on track for 2017.
ReSOLUTIONS for our bodies:
- Discover an exercise or fitness activity you enjoy and schedule time in your week to make sure you stick to it. Whether it’s jogging, joining a fitness class with your best friend or going on a hike, incorporating a physical activity in your week will get your body on track for a successful year.
- Drink plenty of water. Replace the immediate cup of coffee in the morning with a cup of ice water instead to jumpstart your metabolism and feel better throughout the day.
- Greens are great when it comes to nutrition. Incorporate a few leafy greens in your week and your body will thank you.
ReSOLUTIONS for our minds:
- Getting the recommended 7-8 hours of sleep a night will do wonders for the mind. The more sleep you get, the more mindful you will feel throughout the day.
- We all could benefit from spending a little less time on our phones and technology. Try giving yourself a technology-free hour once a day where you enjoy an activity that does not include technology.
- Take the time to learn something new. From learning a new language to researching a different country, expanding your knowledge with new information is a great way to use your mind to its fullest.
ReSOLUTIONS for our souls:
- Be sure to make time for your passions. Jot down a physical or mental to-do list of ways in which you will live your passion this year in order to hold yourself accountable.
- Volunteering is a great way to give back and is always beneficial for the soul. Even if it’s sporadically, volunteering is a positive activity that benefits others as well as yourself.
- Be grateful and always try to find the bright side in every situation. Stopping and appreciating the beautiful things in the world is a positive way to look at life.