Throughout the month of March, our wellness theme is Meditation! With the hectic pace and demands of our everyday life, it’s easy to feel stressed and overwhelmed. It can sometimes feel as if there is not enough time in the day to get everything done. All of these aspects can make us unhappy, impatient, and frustrated, often leading to affect our well-being. Meditation is both crucial and beneficial for a few reasons:
- It’s good for our bodies. Studies have shown that meditation can help reverse heart disease, reduce pain, and support the immune system.
- It’s good for our relationships. Meditating can help you connect with others in a more meaningful way, causing less anger, more self-reflecting, and love.
- It can change our lives. Even just a few minutes of deep breathing a day can help relax the brain, reduce anxiety, and decrease depression.
All you need are a few minutes each day to mediate. Here are a few tips to starting your mediation:
- Find a quiet place where you can relax and won’t be disturbed.
- Be present with your surroundings.
- Focus on your breath. Take long and deep breaths, feeling your breath go in and out.
- Take notice of your body and how each body part feels.
- Practice this daily.
Here at Glen Ivy we offer various relaxing spots for you to be at peace with yourself. Come practice your daily meditation with us!