Time to get your MUD on! Join us this March as we celebrate our annual March Mudness! Post a picture of you and your friends “getting creative” in the mud, follow and tag @glenivy_spa, and hashtag #MarchMudness for a chance to win two passes for Taking the Waters admission and the Grotto. Winners will be announced every Monday throughout the month of March, alternating between Instagram and Facebook. Show us how you MUD!
Throughout the month of March, our wellness theme is Meditation! With the hectic pace and demands of our everyday life, it’s easy to feel stressed and overwhelmed. It can sometimes feel as if there is not enough time in the day to get everything done. All of these aspects can make us unhappy, impatient, and frustrated, often leading to affect our well-being. Meditation is both crucial and beneficial for a few reasons:
- It’s good for our bodies. Studies have shown that meditation can help reverse heart disease, reduce pain, and support the immune system.
- It’s good for our relationships. Meditating can help you connect with others in a more meaningful way, causing less anger, more self-reflecting, and love.
- It can change our lives. Even just a few minutes of deep breathing a day can help relax the brain, reduce anxiety, and decrease depression.
All you need are a few minutes each day to mediate. Here are a few tips to starting your mediation:
- Find a quiet place where you can relax and won’t be disturbed.
- Be present with your surroundings.
- Focus on your breath. Take long and deep breaths, feeling your breath go in and out.
- Take notice of your body and how each body part feels.
- Practice this daily.
Here at Glen Ivy we offer various relaxing spots for you to be at peace with yourself. Come practice your daily meditation with us!
Club Mud, at Glen Ivy Hot Springs, has generated an almost fanatical following of those looking to experience our healing waters along with some fun in the mud! Not only is Club Mud a blast to indulge in, it also serves as a therapy and aids in softening skin, drawing out impurities and exfoliating dead skin cells. As you know, few things take you back to younger days faster than a good frolic in the mud. In honor of NCAA’s March Madness, Glen Ivy will be celebrating with March MUDNESS!
Every morning during March, we will hide a Glen Ivy token in the Mud. Whoever finds the token will be given specific instructions to win a special prize!
Glen Ivy’s acclaimed mud is more than just fun and games, however. Red clay has been used as a purifying agent since ancient times. It draws from the pores, absorbs impurities, and releases waste and dead skin cells while tightening and revitalizing the skin. After you cover yourself with mud, you can either dry out in the sun or in the Wafa, our special drying chamber. As the mud dries, it becomes loose and powdery so you can simply brush off most of it. Come and join the MUDNESS!