Posts Tagged grotto
Here at Glen Ivy, March is a month that holds a special place in our hearts. It’s a month where we not only welcome the first days of spring, but because it’s our birthday month! Even though we’ll be celebrating our birthday all month long, we have so many other things that we are looking forward to. Here are just a few things we’re excited about for March:
- It’s Our Birthday: Are you celebrating a birthday this month? We are too! Join us in celebrating our 152nd anniversary all month long. On Monday, March 19 we will be offering historical tours of the grounds and sweet treats from Chef Bill Wavrin. We’ve even created a special package just for you! The 152nd Anniversary Special (Available March 19 – March 22, 2012) includes: Spa admission, Grotto and a 50 minute treatment of your choice for $152 (a $10 savings!).
- March MUDness Contest: One of our favorite contests is BACK! It’s time for the 4th Annual March MUDness photo contest and we couldn’t be more excited. Wondering how to participate? Starting Monday, March 5 come meet us in Club Mud from 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm every Monday-Friday this month where we’ll snap your muddy moment and you’ll have a chance to win Glen Ivy prizes!
- Renovations Underway at the Hot Springs: Some exciting renovations are well underway this month as our team works towards making improvements to enhance your spa experience. Included in the renovations is a complete redesign of our front entrance (see the progress). Our Bath House is also getting an updated look with new furniture and paint for the walls and lockers. We thank you for your patience and support during the transformation and look forward to revealing the completed project to you in mid-March!
- St. Patrick’s Day: Wearing green on St. Patrick’s Day is customary so why not go green AND give your skin a treat at the same time! Luckily we’ve got your covered. Covered with a green, deeply hydrating moisturizer of aloe vera, coconut oil, and shea butter that is. Enjoy The Grotto spa treatment with friends or alone and finish off the treatment in the cool mist chamber enjoying a cup of Glen Ivy tea and a crisp green apple.
- More Time in the Place You Love: Daylight Savings Time begins on Sunday, March 11 giving us some extra daylight to enjoy. And what’s better than enjoying more daylight? Enjoying an extra hour in your spa day! Beginning Monday, March 12, Glen Ivy Hot Springs will be open daily from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, giving you more time to spend in paradise.
10 Things you can do TOGETHER at the Spa
If you are reading this, chances are you would like to receive the gift of a day at Glen Ivy Spa, or are perhaps you are thinking of giving the gift of Spa to someone you care about. We say go together, why not share such a wonderful experience!
Wondering what two people can do together at the Spa? The real question is, what can’t you do? The entire Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa grounds and facilities are co-ed accessible, with the exception of changing and bathing areas, making it easy to plan a relaxing and romantic day for two! Here are a few suggestions…
- Play together in Club Mud.
- Reserve the Date Palm Cabaña for 2 for a romantic VIP spa experience.
- Learn something new together during a couples class, cooking demonstration, or gardening workshop.
- Float in the Lounge pool holding hands.
- Enjoy a relaxing Together Massage side-by-side in the same room.
- Share a healthful and delicious lunch at Café Solé, complete with champagne.
- Go underground for The Grotto, Glen Ivy’s signature body moisturizing treatment.
- Find a quiet spot to relax together in silence or read our current Book Club selection.
- Explore nature as you walk through the grounds to admire the botanical gardens and view, take a guided botanical tour, or use The Birds of Glen Ivy Guide (available at the front desk) to see how many residents you can spot.
- Try a new fitness class such as Yoga, Water Aerobics or Tai Chi.
To help you get this New Year started, Glen Ivy Hot Springs will be offering our very special Weekday Getaway package to honor the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday January 17.
These great offers are typically not available on holidays, but we thought what better way to help our guests get a healthy and happy start to 2011?
Exceptionally priced at only $150, The Weekday Getaway is one of our best spa packages that includes:
Spa Admission (value $52)
Your choice of either a 50 minute Swedish Massage OR Glen Ivy Facial (value $89)
Admission to The Grotto, Glen Ivy’s Body Moisturizing Treatment, that you can do alone or with a friend (value up to $25)
Lunch at Café Solé (value up to $20)
A 20% savings!
Space is limited and appointments are going fast, so call now to reserve your treatments! 1-888-GLEN IVY
It’s officially the first day of winter, Christmas is just days away and the New Year is right around the corner. As the chillier winter weather begins to settle in here in Southern California, I often find myself struggling to leave the warm comfort of my home but many of our guests claim that now is the best time to be at the spa. Here are a few of our favorite reasons to visit the spa in the winter:
-There are fewer people than in the summer
-A massage and a soak is the best way to beat the stress of the holiday
-The Grotto body treatment is perfect with dry winter skin
-Things seem to move a little slower here, making it the perfect escape from everyday stress
So whether you are trying to unwind after the holidays, getting ready for the New Year, or simply treating yourself to a day of relaxation, we hope to see you soaking in one of our spas during this fabulous winter season!
Congratulations to Kierre for winning the Grotto Contest! She has won a gift basket as well as complimentary Grotto and Spa Admission passes!
Not only did Kierre and her guest go green, but they also taught me about arid gardens!
Thanks to everyone who shared their green tips with me! I had so much fun going green with you all!
As Kierre would say, “to being green!”
It has been so great learning how our guests stay green! I have thrown a few of the guest tips into my back pocket and will be using them in my life! Did you learn anything new?
Thank you to everyone who helped honor Earth Day!
I leave you with this: Take care of the earth and she will take care of you. ~Author Unknown
In honor of Earth Day, Glen Ivy gave every guest a Green Glen Ivy Recyclable Bag; along with the bag was a card letting everyone know about the wonderful green changes that S.E.E.D. has made here at the spa.
S.E.E.D. also put together some plants for Glen Ivy employees to take home and plant in their garden. Can you guess what the plant is? Neither can we!– It’s a S.E.E.D. surprise!
We also had another day of Grotto Go-ers at the spa today! Aly, one of the Grotto girls, got grotto-ed and made her way outside to take photos with our guests. From recycling to banning styrofoam products, Glen Ivy guests know how to GO GREEN!
We are one day away from Earth Day! Are you ready? We are– Glen Ivy will be giving each guest a Glen Ivy recyclable bag tomorrow (while supplies last)! It can be used for groceries, traveling trips, a fashion statement or, my favorite, SHOPPING!
See you in the GROTTO tomorrow!
“I buy recycled clothes, buy in bulk and buy organic produce. My trash cans are only 1/8 full, always!”
I will see you all tomorrow– same time, same place. And remember, sometimes you just GOTTA GROTTO! (try saying that 10 times fast!)