Glen Ivy Hot Springs Serves Healthy Cuisine at Café Solé
If you’re going to take time for yourself, don’t forget about what you put inside of your body. At Café Solé you’ll find food that is healthful, nourishing, and delicious. Award-winning Chef Bill Wavrin, calls it our Mediterranean Cuisine of the Sun. We select ingredients from local farmers, ranchers and markets to ensure freshness while supporting sustainable practices. So go ahead, live a little. Treat yourself to one of our local favorites. Because at Glen Ivy, you’ll find food for the body as well as nourishment for the soul.
Healthy cuisine is simple. Here are some tips from Executive Chef Bill Wavrin for easy things you can do to keep a healthy diet:
1. First and most importantly, start off the day with a healthy breakfast. I recommend whole grain cereals along with fresh or dried fruit. Remember, the deeper the color in the fruit or vegetable, the better the benefit from antioxidants.
2. Moderation is the key. Even if what you’re eating is healthy, too much always spoils any good thing.
3. Substitute all oils with olive or canola oil. I do this in the kitchen at Café Solé and it’s an easy change to make at home too.
4. Think fresh! When shopping for food, remember that fresh foods are the healthiest and contain the most nutrients.
5. Use organic foods and shop locally – make shopping fun by trying a local farmer’s market!
6. Remember to be happy.