If you’re going to take time for yourself, don’t forget about what you put inside of your body. At Café Solé you’ll find a selection of tasty breakfast and lunch entrees artfully prepared by our award-winning Chef Bill Wavrin, who calls it our “Mediterranean Cuisine of the Sun.”
Healthy cuisine is simple. Here are some tips from Executive Chef Bill Wavrin for easy things you can do to keep a healthy diet:
- First and most importantly, start off the day with a healthy breakfast. I recommend whole grain cereals along with fresh or dried fruit. Remember, the deeper the color in the fruit or vegetable, the better the benefit from antioxidants.
- Moderation is the key. Even if what you’re eating is healthy, too much always spoils any good thing.
- Substitute all oils with olive or canola oil. I do this in the kitchen at Café Solé and it’s an easy change to make at home too.
- Think fresh! When shopping for food, remember that fresh foods are the healthiest and contain the most nutrients.
- Use organic foods and shop locally – make shopping fun by trying a local farmer’s market!
- Remember to be happy.
Meet Our Chef
Chef Bill Wavrin is a celebrated chef, noted author, food columnist and television personality. Known for his warmth and genuine, larger-than-life persona, Chef Bill was a regular on the Food Network and a contributor to Chile Pepper magazine. Author of a James Beard Award-nominated cookbook, he has earned national recognition for fusing healthy, fresh produce, and locally sourced seasonal ingredients into his menus. In 2005, Chef Bill was honored for his innovative and pioneering cuisine with the Platinum Carrot Award distinguishing him as one of the “Healthiest Chef in America” by The Aspen Center for Integral Health.
Chef Bill and his recipes have been featured in numerous publications including The New York Times, the LA Times, Sunset, Town & Country, Cooking Light, Bon Appetit, the New Yorker, Vogue, The Chicago Tribune, Elle, Travel + Leisure and Food & Wine Magazine. As former Executive Chef at the noted Rancho La Puerta, he earned many accolades, including top ratings from Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. He has consulted for Cunard, the Cruise Line as well as directed cuisine at the acclaimed Golden Door Spa in California. Long hailed as a triple-crown winner in the culinary community for his work at the three top spas in the world: Miraval, the Golden Door, and Rancho La Puerta, Chef Bill is a popular TV guest and host and has been featured on the NBC The Today Show, CBS, ABC Good Morning America, Discovery Channel, and A&E’s “Great Spas of the World”.