Archive for holidays
The lights are up, tree is decorated, and stockings are hung (with care, of course)…and now to figure out what to put in those stockings! We thought we would make holiday shopping a little easier on you this year so we created a list of our favorite stocking stuffers for every budget:
- Glen Ivy Logo Ornament $4.00
- Bissingers Chocolate Covered Cranberries $4.99
- Twist and Pout Peppermint Lip Balm $4.99
- Soapbox Soaps $5.00 (Buy 1 bar of this soap and another bar is donated to a child in need)
- Lavender Butterfly Bath Fizzie $4.00
Stocking Stuffers Under $20.00:
- Tweezerman Merry Manicure Set $15
- Glen Ivy Logo Tumbler $16
- Glen Ivy Signature Body Care Products (Buy 2 get 1 free promotion going on till end of December)$16 to $18 per piece.
- Small MoroccanOil Treatment $18
- Purple flower Sleep Mask $18
- Primavera Starter Kits $20
- Whish Gift Sets $20 and under
Extra Special Stocking Stuffers:
- Kai eau de parfum $72
- Arm Candy Bracelets $38
- Toms Shoes $44 and up
- Glen Ivy Gift Cards (available in any amount!)
All items are available for purchase at the Spa Lifestyle Store at the Hot Springs.
Relaxation, renewal and even a little pampering is on everyone’s wish list this holiday season. Glen Ivy helps you create oohs and spaaahs on Christmas morning! The Paradise Personal Shopper has found the perfect top ten spa gifts to complete your holiday shopping list. These great gifts and so much more will be featured at our Stress Free Spaliday where you can save 10% off your entire purchase for the day!
10. Satisfy her sweet tooth for style with Arm Candy! Founded by high school teens Lauren Friendman and Madison Janssen, 10% of the profits from Arm Candy are donated to Street GRACE, a charity dedicated to educating the exploitation of children.
9. Super chic ceramic vases and home decor from iconic potter, designer and personality Jonathan Adler bring joy and grooviness to any home.
8. Fun, Festive and Meaningful! Give the gift that gives back with a pair of sparkly TOMS. For every pair of shoes sold, TOMS gives a pair of shoes to a child in need.
7. Give the gift of fashion, color and joy with H.F.M.2. Jewelry. Each piece is handmade and designed to deliver a unique originality.
6. Bring back the aroma of “fresh from the oven” whoopie pies to your home with the Whoopie Candle from Farm House Fresh. With over 90 hours of burn time, this confectionery glass candle will burn brightly throughout the holiday season.
5. Dessert is made memorable with Les Desserts Round Skirted Pedestal and Glass Cake Dome. Inspired by vintage American milk glass, this classic piece brings a nostalgic touch to holiday celebrations.
4. Chule Blankets are handmade by a 5th generation master weaver and artisan from Macedonia, Dimitrije Culevski, known simply as Chule. Chule and his late wife Vera have been Glen Ivy Hot Springs guests for over 40 year. We are proud to offer their handcrafted blankets and ivite you to wrap yourself in a bit of history this Christmas season.
3. Give the git of great skin! An InStyle Magazine “Best Beauty Buy,” the Clarisonic Sonic Skin Care Cleansing System guarantees healthy and glowing holiday skin.
2. Made from the softest microfiber plush, the Sonoma Lavender Spa Robe is delightfully cozy. The robe comes with a lavender sachet that can be carried in the pocket so that the soothing aroma of lavender can enjoyed anytime. This at-home spa robe is perfect for chilly mornings and evenings by the fireplace.
1. The number 1 gift on everyone’s wish list is…..The Gift of Glen Ivy! What could be better than receiving the gift of relaxation, renewal and rejuvenation. Act now to enjoy holiday savings – our $100 gift cards are on sale now for $75!
–Warm Water Wishes.
Your Paradise Personal Shopper
Go green this Easter by making your own naturally colored Easter eggs! Making your own egg coloring is fun, easy and economical – nearly any vegetable or herbal tea can be used to make beautifully colored Easter eggs, and kids will enjoy making the dyes just as much as coloring the eggs!
After hard-cooking (boiling) your eggs, simply place the eggs in a bowl with the desired natural dye.
The longer you let the eggs soak, the deeper and more vibrant the color will be.
To give your Easter eggs some extra flair, try drawing designs or writing inspiring words on the eggs with a crayon before playing them into the dye mixture.
Boil the skins of a red onion in water
Boil beets in water
Boil the skins of a yellow onion in water
Boil carrots in water
Boil ground tumeric in water
Boil lemon or orange skins in water
Boil spinach leaves in water
Canned blueberries (with juice)
Diluted purple grape juice
Red Zinger Tea
Juice from canned beets
Red grape juice
10 Things you can do TOGETHER at the Spa
If you are reading this, chances are you would like to receive the gift of a day at Glen Ivy Spa, or are perhaps you are thinking of giving the gift of Spa to someone you care about. We say go together, why not share such a wonderful experience!
Wondering what two people can do together at the Spa? The real question is, what can’t you do? The entire Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa grounds and facilities are co-ed accessible, with the exception of changing and bathing areas, making it easy to plan a relaxing and romantic day for two! Here are a few suggestions…
- Play together in Club Mud.
- Reserve the Date Palm Cabaña for 2 for a romantic VIP spa experience.
- Learn something new together during a couples class, cooking demonstration, or gardening workshop.
- Float in the Lounge pool holding hands.
- Enjoy a relaxing Together Massage side-by-side in the same room.
- Share a healthful and delicious lunch at Café Solé, complete with champagne.
- Go underground for The Grotto, Glen Ivy’s signature body moisturizing treatment.
- Find a quiet spot to relax together in silence or read our current Book Club selection.
- Explore nature as you walk through the grounds to admire the botanical gardens and view, take a guided botanical tour, or use The Birds of Glen Ivy Guide (available at the front desk) to see how many residents you can spot.
- Try a new fitness class such as Yoga, Water Aerobics or Tai Chi.
At Glen Ivy our goal is to inspire memorable, meaningful and enjoyable experiences in everyone, every day. With this in mind, 2011 was a year filled with focus on improving your spa experiences, and as a team we look forward to continuing these efforts in 2012 and thank you for your ongoing support. Here are just some of the accomplishments we’re proud to share:
Better Experiences and Products
Our new Grotto Mask is superior silky, made with naturally sourced high-quality ingredients. Now featured in your Grotto Treatment and available for retail purchase.
Hot Springs Stone Massage – A stone massage like you’ve never experienced! Energetically cleansed in Glen Ivy’s healing mineral waters in accordance with the lunar calendar, volcanic basalt stones silky smooth from hundreds of years of weathering impart their warmth and soothe muscle tension.
Exceptional Spa Products – Partnerships with other iconic brands including organic skin care from Primavera, mineral makeup by industry favorite Jane Iredale, COOLA Suncare, Moroccan Hair Oil, facial cleansing with Clarisonic®, and high quality personal care amenities from Body Bliss.
Enjoy plush new towels for your shower and Grotto experiences. Brown towels are provided for your Club Mud treatment and we thank you for bringing your own beach towel for poolside use throughout your day.
Rancho Las Uvas, an outdoor working garden and program area built by Glen Ivy’s Landscapes & Sustainability Team.
Sunflower, a new dining experience from Executive Chef Bill Wavrin offering fresh sushi, temaki and shaved ice.
Look for a beautiful new Gazebo lounge area with comfortable shade in the summer and shelter in the cool season, designed in the woodwork style of the historic Glen Ivy Lodge. Also freshly renovated Cabañas, and the new Paradise Falls private group area.
New Ways to get more from your Time at Glen Ivy
Expanded Workshops and Retreats from Glen Ivy’s renowned industry experts and special guests in the areas of nutrition and cuisine, stress management, fitness and wellness, life balance and personal development, connecting with nature, and beauty.
New Ways to Experience Glen Ivy at Home
Book Club – Connect with other Glen Ivy guests and employees in our online book club to discuss chapters of each selection, then join us in person for lunch, great conversations and a day at the spa! In 2011 we enjoyed reading with author Erica Bauermeister and she even joined us for our final meet up at the Hot Springs! Click here to see our first book selection for 2012.
Glen Ivy Garden Shop – Enjoy the natural beauty of Glen Ivy Hot Springs in your home, garden or office. From tropical and succulent interior container gardens, landscape plants including many of the most popular plants found at Glen Ivy (such as birds of paradise), plus gardening tools and resources for your book shelf.
Farmer’s Market – This past year for a few special events, local organic farms brought their goods to Glen Ivy for mini farm markets. We had such rave reviews from guests and employees, it is our hope for 2012 that we can host a regular Farmer’s Market each week so we can support local farms and eating fresh, healthy foods. Stay tuned for updates!
Subscribe to Glen Ivy Email Newsletters and you will be the first to know about special offers, events, and programs. Also be sure to bookmark our Spa Specials page to check for new packages and offers. You can also connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
At Glen Ivy, putting intentions into actions is a philosophy we live by and we hope you will too by starting your year with a day of wellness and relaxation. Whether it’s a day just for you or to spend quality time with the people you love, please call us at 888-GLEN IVY so we may help you make the most of your day.
Wishing you a healthy and happy 2012!
– Jim Root
Glen Ivy Hot Springs
As we get ready to welcome in a new year, we want to take a moment to thank our wonderful guests for your continued support. Words can’t express our appreciation that you choose Glen Ivy as a place to relax, celebrate and make memories.
As a reminder, all Glen Ivy locations will be closed Christmas Day.
Still looking for a perfect gift this holiday season? Make them smile with a Glen Ivy Instant Gift Certificate you can personalize and print, Shop now!
We look forward to your next visit and, on the subject of visits, we have a special one to share…
T’was the day before Christmas at Glen Ivy Spa,
not a soul was stressed, and you could hear all the “ahhhhs.”
Friends gathered close, with conversations to share,
and sounds of joy and happiness filled the air
Some soaked in baths or lounged peacefully instead,
while scrumptious treats from Chef Bill danced in their heads.
By the end of the day, all faces were a’glow,
each wishing they could stay and not have to go.
We all knew that Santa was well on his way,
but still stopped in at Club Mud for a last play in the clay.
Then all of a sudden what did we hear?
It was Santa’s merry sleigh bells and his team of reindeer.
On the top of Solé Terrace they landed with such ease,
relieved to be in So Cal and away from the freeze.
He stopped at each pool, bath house and more,
and stretched with some yoga before visiting the Spa Store.
His reindeer grew restless so they hit the salon,
where they had Primavera facials and red hooves painted on.
Before he departed Santa enjoyed one last treat,
a massage under the oaks (focusing on his feet).
A trip to the grotto and a mineral bath soak,
then Santa took off his spa robe and donned hat and coat.
He filled all the bird feeders with special holiday seed,
and visited the turtles hiding under the reeds.
With the moon on the rise o’re the mountains around,
he took one last stroll through the botanical grounds.
The reindeer stood ready, restored and renewed,
as Santa left gifts for the good Glen Ivy crew.
A cup of Paradise Tea and he was on his way,
exclaiming “Happy Spa-lidays to all, I do wish I could stay!”
Our wish for you this holiday season is continued health and happiness and to let you know we’re here for you all year-long.
From all us of at Glen Ivy,
The air is crisp and clean as it rolls off the Santa Ana Mountains and through the Spa, chasing Coldwater Creek on its pilgrimage to the ocean. The mountainous backdrop is framed by palm trees and softened by the steam rising from our mineral waters, and in this moment, I can’t imagine a scene more beautiful in Southern California that we have the gift of experiencing for these winter months at the Hot Springs.
The creative hands that deliver the beauty and celebratory touches this time of year (and all year, really) have done so with the theme of our Glen Ivy Wheel of Wellness and the earth’s elements of Water, Sun, and Earth in mind. Through the New Year, guests at the Hot Springs may view our three Yuletide trees which have each been decorated to represent one these three elements with a slice or two of the wellness pie included. Connecting with nature, good food, a healthy lifestyle, and nurturing our relationships are embodied in the designs and inspire deep self reflection, therapeutic experiences and the inspiration to expand our knowledge.
We encourage you not to let the stress that so often accompanies the season get to you, and invite you to come visit our trees, soak in the unique and wonderful Glen Ivy winter experience, and especially, to celebrate the season in a way that reminds us that when taking time to enjoy the details and the magic is how to celebrate each day—and how we do all year long at the Hot Springs.
Warm Water Wishes,
Director of Landscapes & Sustainability
Glen Ivy Hot Springs
On November 11, 2011, Glen Ivy will be observing this special day in a few different ways, and we invite you to join us, either here at the Spa or from where ever you are.
Write a Note for the Troops: Over the years, with the help from our guests, we have been able to provide words of encouragement to show our appreciation and we are continuing with that tradition this year. This weekend we encourage you to take a moment to write a note to the troops that will be included in a holiday care package.
If you are unable to join us this weekend, you can still send your kind words to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include them.
Bring in a Photo: Help us recognize the veterans and bring in a copy of a photo of a veteran to be place on our “Honoring Our Veterans” board.
Please do not bring in original photos as we will not be returning photos placed on the board.
11-11 Meditation: Center, ground, relax and release as we take a moment of pause to remember who we are beneath the fast paced, ever changing world that surrounds us. Glen Ivy guests and staff will join meditators around the world on 11-11-11 in recognition that it is possible to remain centered in our true essence regardless of circumstances or situations.
If you are not able to come to the Spa to help us in remembering, try one of these websites that offer great ways to help support those who have, and who currently, serve in our military:
Thank you for your support and participation on this special day. See you at the Spa!
“Mi Casa es Su Casa”
“Home for the Holidays…”
“Home is where the Heart is.”
“My home is not a place, it is people.”
– Lois McMaster Bujold
Easy Entertaining Tips
One of the best parts of the holidays is the time we get to spend with friends… new and old, from near or far. Quality time together is what matters most, so our Spa team gathered some tips to make your home warm and welcoming for all, keeping it simple and stress free. Be ready to receive surprise guests or send an impromptu invitation to the neighbors.
- Set the festive mood. Queue a playlist of your favorite holiday music, place a few scented candles ready for lighting, and have the makings for cider or mulled wine nearby.
- Serve simple yet delicious recipes with only a trio of ingredients… from appetizers to dessert, pick a few and keep on hand, you can whip up some delectable bites in minutes!
- Forgot a gift? Have a stash of your favorite chocolates and wine on hand for any extra gifting needs, and you will enjoy any that are left over.
- Surprise guests catch you off guard? No worries, you can do a house tidy in 10 minutes! Today’s Parent magazine tells you how…
- Will they stay more than a day? Make longer visits easy and comfortable with thoughtful conveniences such as an extra key, having coffee ready to go at a flip of a switch, and a neighborhood map… Read more.
“I always like to set out a few dishes of apples or oranges for color and easy kid snacks.”
Laurie D., Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa, Corona
What is your favorite way to set the mood? Share your tips for a stress free entertaining: