Body, Mind and Soul ReSOLUTIONS for 2017!
January 2, 2017 • by Alexa Gallegos
Happy New Year from Glen Ivy Hot Springs! The new year is all about fresh starts and Glen Ivy Hot Springs is sharing a few ReSOLUTION tips to help get our bodies, minds and souls on track for 2017.
ReSOLUTIONS for our bodies:
- Discover an exercise or fitness activity you enjoy and schedule time in your week to make sure you stick to it. Whether it’s jogging, joining a fitness class with your best friend or going on a hike, incorporating a physical activity in your week will get your body on track for a successful year.
- Drink plenty of water. Replace the immediate cup of coffee in the morning with a cup of ice water instead to jumpstart your metabolism and feel better throughout the day.
- Greens are great when it comes to nutrition. Incorporate a few leafy greens in your week and your body will thank you.
ReSOLUTIONS for our minds:
- Getting the recommended 7-8 hours of sleep a night will do wonders for the mind. The more sleep you get, the more mindful you will feel throughout the day.
- We all could benefit from spending a little less time on our phones and technology. Try giving yourself a technology-free hour once a day where you enjoy an activity that does not include technology.
- Take the time to learn something new. From learning a new language to researching a different country, expanding your knowledge with new information is a great way to use your mind to its fullest.
ReSOLUTIONS for our souls:
- Be sure to make time for your passions. Jot down a physical or mental to-do list of ways in which you will live your passion this year in order to hold yourself accountable.
- Volunteering is a great way to give back and is always beneficial for the soul. Even if it’s sporadically, volunteering is a positive activity that benefits others as well as yourself.
- Be grateful and always try to find the bright side in every situation. Stopping and appreciating the beautiful things in the world is a positive way to look at life.