August: 5 Things We’re Excited About
Welcome to August! From fabulous summer treatments to exciting events, we have a lot to be excited about this month. Here are a few things that we are looking forward to this month:
- May I Be Frank Movie Screening, Join us on August 25 for a very special film screening of a true story of transformation and renewal. May I Be Frank documents 42 days in the life of Frank Ferrante, a 54 year old Sicilian from Brooklyn who finds himself in San Francisco struggling with addiction and depression. Severely overweight and relying on pharmaceutical drugs to combat Hepatitis C, Frank is looking for a way out before it’s too late. Frank’s courageous and deeply human story will inspire you and make you laugh, but more importantly it will cause you to look at your own life a little differently. Visit our Special Events page to view the trailer and for more information on how to reserve tickets and a VIP package.
- Bahama Delight Body Treatment. Enjoy some late summertime bliss and escape into relaxation. Our Bahama Delight Body Treatment includes a Pineapple Coconut Shea Butter Sugar Scrub to gently buff and smooth skin to silky softness, followed by a moisturizing Body Wrap. Toping off this 80 minute treatment is a soothing Mango Shea Butter Massage. It’s easy to see why this has been a guest favorite this summer!
- Cabañas, Paradise Falls, & Club Sole. Want to add a little VIP to your spa day? Cabañas, Club Solé Lounges, & Paradise Falls offer semi-private, shaded, reservation only seating and dining areas. The Cabañas and Solé Terrace at Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa are great settings for casual get-togethers and celebrations with family, friends, or co-workers.
- Juice Bar. Glen Ivy is excited to offer a selection of fresh juice combinations available at Café Sole. A popular way to incorporate healthful nutrients into your balanced diet, enjoying a nutritious and delicious refreshment is a perfect complement to your spa day!
- Watsu. An extraordinary form of warm water hydrotherapy massage which integrates the healing qualities of water with stretches, acupressure, and cranio-sacral manipulation. Each session is not only a massage, but a profound experience that promotes healing “shifts” on the physical, emotional and spiritual levels. Watsu massage has limited availability and will only be offered until the end of September so make sure to call 888-GLEN IVY to experience it while there’s still time. Learn more about this unique treatment and see a video of our therapists in action on our blog.