Seven Summer Tips for the Spa
While every season offers a unique experience at the Hot Springs, the warm, sunny summer days are by far the most popular with Glen Ivy guests. A favorite place to enjoy quality time with friends, celebrate special people and occasions, or have a mini staycation—whatever brings you to Glen Ivy—we want you to know that delivering the quality spa experience you expect is our priority. On the most popular days, such as weekends and holidays, we often reach maximum capacity and are not able to accommodate everyone, sometimes having to turn people away. To avoid disappointment, and for the best experience, we encourage a little advance planning and offer these insider tips for enjoying a great spa day at Glen Ivy Hot Springs in Corona:
- Many choose to start their day at the spa early so our front desk staff is busiest in the morning from 9-11am. We take care to provide each guest with an individual welcome and attention, which means it will usually take more than just a few minutes per person to get checked in. We promise you’ll appreciate the personalized attention when it’s your turn one-on-one with our staff. If your appointments aren’t until the afternoon, plan on arriving a bit later to avoid line ups, or bring a book, magazine, or your favorite person to enjoy your time while waiting.
- Arrive just in time to participate in one of our programs before checking in such as Yoga, Tai Chi or a Guided Labyrinth Walk near the front entrance – see the Events and Activities schedule.
- Start your spa day off with a healthy and delicious breakfast from Café Solé. Chef Bill Wavrin recommends whole grain cereals along with fresh or dried fruit but you can always browse our Breakfast Menu if you are in the mood for something a little more hearty like an Omelet or Breakfast Burrito.
Tip #2: Expect a wait time to enter and at popular attractions such as the mineral baths and Café Solé.
- It’s a day at the spa – you’re here to relax and have fun so use any wait time to delight in the joy of each other’s company, reflect on memories and share stories together.
- Café Solé is busiest through typical lunch hour, so consider planning your meals earlier or later in the day. Other options include Sunflower Sushi and tasty snacks available from the poolside Paradise Bar.
- At the end of the day, the locker room in the Bath House is also busy as guests prepare to leave Glen Ivy. If you’re heading somewhere after your day at the spa and want to shower, change and get ready, plan to do so in the early afternoon before the rush, which usually begins an hour prior to closing.
Tip #3: Choose to come on weekdays, which are usually less popular than weekends.
- Make arrangements and appointments to visit Glen Ivy Hot Springs on weekdays and you can also take advantage of savings on Taking the Waters Admission and special packages.
Tip #4: Make reservations up to 6 weeks in advance.
- While same day appointments are sometimes available, summer schedules fill up quickly. To ensure you get the treatments that you are hoping for at your preferred time, we recommend calling for reservations as soon as you know which day you plan to visit. Please call 1.888.GLEN IVY (1.888.453.6489) Monday – Friday from 7:30am to 6:00pm and Sat-Sun 8am to 5pm.
- If you’d like to make arrangements for a Together Massage with your favorite person or Under the Oaks do so well in advance, as these special rooms are limited in availability. Please note that The Grotto also requires reservations.
- On our busiest days when we reach maximum guest count, guests with pre-booked treatment appointments are guaranteed Taking the Waters Admission to the Hot Springs.
Tip #5: Be Green at Glen Ivy
- Bring your own beach towel to use throughout the day – this will help preserve our laundry water usage, plus you’ll know which towel/chair is yours when you come out of the pool.
- Bring a reusable water bottle – just be sure it’s not glass. Use a stainless steel or plastic reusable bottle or tumbler to fill up with our refreshing pure Glen Ivy Well Water to stay hydrated and reduce trash.
- Try The Grotto, where you’ll be painted green from head-to-toe with a light green body moisturizing mask. Great for the skin and fun with friends! Reservations required, call 888-GLEN IVY.
- Connect with nature by picking up our free Bird List or learn about the hundreds of species of plants in one of our popular Botanical Tours led by our Landscaping & Sustainability Team.
Tip #6: Pack lightly
- Avoid having to return to your car by removing all outside food and beverages from your bag prior to entering the spa. Upon arrival, expect a quick bag check.
- Complimentary lockers in the Bath House also become full quickly on busier days so we recommend packing light and sharing when possible.
- Leave the shampoo and conditioner at home – we have it! Our Signature Lavender Eucalyptus body wash, shampoo and conditioner are available for your use in our Bath House.
Tip #7: Add a little VIP to your day
- When calling to make your appointments, ask for the availability of reserved lounge chairs in Club Solé, Paradise Falls or semi-private Cabañas for you and your group (rates vary).
As always, our team is driven by your praise and love for Glen Ivy and we thank you for your continued support. We look forward to welcoming you to Glen Ivy soon for a memorable, meaningful and enjoyable day!
Warm Water Wishes,
Your Friends at Glen Ivy