Yoga Series: Lying Spine Twist
The Glen Ivy Monthly Challenge is celebrating National Yoga Month in September. Check back every Tuesday & Thursday for a new Yoga Pose.
Lying Spine Twist
Lying Spine Twist will gently stretch the muscles of your lower back after a long day on your feet.
- Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Bring your knees and ankles together so that they are touching.
- Extend your arms out at shoulder height, palms facing up.
- On an exhalation, lower your knees to the left. Keep your right shoulder down on the floor as you twist.
- Gently turn your head and look over the right shoulder.
- Remain in the pose for 30 seconds to a minute and then repeat on the other side.
DID YOU KNOW? Over the last year we have added Weekend Retreats to the Guest Program offerings at Glen Ivy Hot Springs. These 3-day health and wellness workshops are hosted in partnership with the neighboring Glen Ivy Retreat Center. A typical retreat schedule includes seminar time with guest presenter, spa time, fitness and meditation classes, meals, and accommodations. To learn more visit glenivy.com/retreats.