Yoga Series: Tree Pose
The Glen Ivy Monthly Challenge is celebrating National Yoga Month in September. Check back every Tuesday & Thursday for a new Yoga Pose.
Tree Pose is a standing pose that challenges you to balance on one foot. Late in the afternoon, it can bring renewed calm and focus to the rest of your day. Use your chair to help you balance if needed.
- Stand with your feet together.
- Shift your weight to your left leg and bring the sole of your right foot to the inside of the left leg. Position your foot on the lower leg if you are a beginner.
- Avoid placing the foot directly against the knee.
- Stay in the pose for 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side.
Download this Yoga Pose and tips as a printable PDF.
DID YOU KNOW? Increased flexibility and strength can help prevent the causes of some types of back pain. Many people who suffer from back pain spend a lot of time sitting at a computer or driving a car. That can cause tightness and spinal compression, which you can begin to address with yoga. Yoga also improves your alignment, both in and out of class, which helps prevent many other types of pain.