Yoga Series: Warrior 1
The Glen Ivy Monthly Challenge is celebrating National Yoga Month in September. Check back every Tuesday & Thursday for a new Yoga Pose.
This yoga posture strengthens the legs but also stretches the hip flexor muscle, which becomes tight after sitting in a chair for a long period of time. It also encourages a sense of strength and focus, something that can come in handy late in the afternoon.
- Stand behind your chair, holding onto the back.
- Step your left foot back and turn it out slightly.
- Make sure your heel is touching the floor.
- Bend your right knee until it is directly over your ankle. Keep your hip bones facing directly forward and continue to keep the back heel reaching back toward the floor.
- You may also extend your arms up over your head, releasing your shoulder blades down your back.
- Stay in the pose for 3-5 breaths. Repeat on the other side.
Download this Yoga Pose and tips as a printable PDF.
Meg Root Glen Ivy Fitness Expert says…
DID YOU KNOW? By gently stretching muscles and joints as well as massaging the various organs, yoga ensures the optimum blood supply to various parts of the body. This helps in the flushing out of toxins from every nook and cranny as well as providing nourishment up to the last point. This leads to benefits such as delayed ageing, energy and a remarkable zest for life.