Spa Girl Getaway
Planning the Perfect Day with Friends at the Spa
What could make a wonderful relaxing Spa Day even better? Sharing it with friends of course! Glen Ivy Hot Springs is an ideal location for gathering with friends, family, even coworkers, for a celebration or just some “chill time.” Here are some spa pointers for planning a great day:
1. Is there a celebration part of your day? Whether a bridal party, birthday or work retreat, it is a good idea to make a guest list and jot down some notes of what you expect from your day. That may include time to relax together, meet or open gifts, have lunch, enjoy a treatment and take a class… there are so many fun things that you may do together as a group. If there are more than four people in your party, you may want to create a loose schedule for your day with the highlights, but be sure to leave time open for relaxing.
2. Reserve your Space. When you come to the Hot Springs as a group, it can be nice to reserve a space that will be all your own for the day. This ensures you have a comfortable and semi private setting to visit in, concierge service, and other perks. Depending on the size of your group, choose from Solé Lounges, Cabañas, or the Paradise Falls deck.
3. Reserve your treatments. It is recommended you reserve your treatments up to six weeks in advance, especially when you are with a group and hope for similar schedules. In addition to a full traditional spa menu with massage, facial and nail care, Glen Ivy Hot Springs offers signature treatments. The Grotto Moisturizing Body Treatment with friends is a fun social spa experience, reservations are required. Get more spa for your dollar when you try one of our current treatment specials, like the Glen Ivy Getaway. Includes Spa admission, your choice of a 50 minute Swedish Massage, Glen Ivy Facial, OR Body Treatment, plus Grotto Admission, and lunch! Monday-Thursday (excluding holidays). $160 Friday, Saturday, Sunday and holidays. $180
4. Take a class. Consider taking one of the many classes or tours offered as part of our Guest Programs. Choose from a variety of options that include fitness, gardening, cooking with Chef Bill, or guided labyrinth walks.
5. Dress the part! To ensure you are most comfortable through the day, here are a few tips on What to Bring. Pack as you would for a day at the beach, bringing a bathing suit, towel, flip flops and a robe. Commemorate the day with some “Spa at Home” items from the Spa Lifestyle Store. Choose from a selection of clothing, gifts, and body care, as well anything you may have forgotten for your day while you’re here.
6. Make a lunch plan. Under the artful eye of award-winning executive Chef Bill Wavrin, Glen Ivy Hot Springs offers a variety of dining options. Enjoy Mediterranean Cuisine of the Sun at Café Solé, try some fresh sushi at our newest restaurant, Sunflower, or order snacks poolside. If you reserve a cabaña you may also enjoy food and beverage service, an extended wine list, specialty cakes and cupcakes*, and the option to preorder your lunch for the day.
*Specialty cakes and cupcakes must be ordered at least 3 days in advance.