Welcome Home for the Holidays
“Mi Casa es Su Casa”
“Home for the Holidays…”
“Home is where the Heart is.”
“My home is not a place, it is people.”
– Lois McMaster Bujold
Easy Entertaining Tips
One of the best parts of the holidays is the time we get to spend with friends… new and old, from near or far. Quality time together is what matters most, so our Spa team gathered some tips to make your home warm and welcoming for all, keeping it simple and stress free. Be ready to receive surprise guests or send an impromptu invitation to the neighbors.
- Set the festive mood. Queue a playlist of your favorite holiday music, place a few scented candles ready for lighting, and have the makings for cider or mulled wine nearby.
- Serve simple yet delicious recipes with only a trio of ingredients… from appetizers to dessert, pick a few and keep on hand, you can whip up some delectable bites in minutes!
- Forgot a gift? Have a stash of your favorite chocolates and wine on hand for any extra gifting needs, and you will enjoy any that are left over.
- Surprise guests catch you off guard? No worries, you can do a house tidy in 10 minutes! Today’s Parent magazine tells you how…
- Will they stay more than a day? Make longer visits easy and comfortable with thoughtful conveniences such as an extra key, having coffee ready to go at a flip of a switch, and a neighborhood map… Read more.
“I always like to set out a few dishes of apples or oranges for color and easy kid snacks.”
Laurie D., Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa, Corona
What is your favorite way to set the mood? Share your tips for a stress free entertaining: